hétfő, február 21

TSSN "ECHO for PRESIDENT!" #8 mixtape


It wasn’t so far since the latest "ECHO for PRESiDENT" by BENDER debut on the ECHO blog. But now here is another electro attack by TSSN ! Two talented teenagers who really passionate to electronic music.
This time we made an exclusive interview as well !

1) Hi T.S.S.N would you mind introducing yourselves?
Hi, we are Quentin Barrioz and Anatole Rochette, we're from France and we're 17.
Two teenager really passionate to electronic music
We have mixed and produced electronic music for about a year. We're members of the group TheSnoreSoNoisy.
(but anatole is actulally living in USA for 1 years)

2) When did you guys start making music together?
Anatole : It was about a year and a half ago, Quentin started to use Virtual DJ and use it for party
and he showed me what he was doing some months after he had started.
Quentin : At the time we was already surfing on blogs and listening to electro music, but contrary to our circle we weren't interested the popular and commercial french techno. We were talking about doing something with the music but we weren't very serious about it.
Anatole : Then Quentin bought this Hercules controller for Virtual and showed me what we could do with it. At party he brought his controller and let me play with it. I really enjoyed it the first time I used it. I was bad and I had fun. So for my 16th birthday I bought another Hercules controller but this was a bigger one. And we starting mixing on this controller for fun and for friend's partys.
After that virtual dj didn't satisfy us anymore and we heard about softwares like FLStudio, Ableton, and Traktor and we started to create our own songs. These songs were really bad too. It was almost only a drum with huge beats and synthesizer to complete it. So we began to plug old synthesizers on a computer and bought other controllers. And that's it I guess.

3) Which are your favorite styles?
We have a vide variety of songs. We like electro, house, from the french touch to the last news. We spend a lot of time on blogs so most of the time the songs are 5 years old or newer. We are influenced by funky-disco songs with old synthesizers and things like pop such as Futurecop!, Valerie and friends…etc. Old songs from the 80's have influenced us a lot.. We like songs that get people to dance and have a good time. We use songs like that in our "What The Fuck": Funky sometimes with a slow melody who makes us dream but it is followed by a violent part.

4) Who's your favorite new artists?
We both like people that have created their own music style such as SomethingALaMode, DatA, Danger but we like also Neo Tokyo, Redial, Defeat, Barretso…etc
Everyday we discover new great artists, so it's hard to have a favorite.. but WHAT THE FUCK's mixtape is here to show you what we use for makes people dance ;)

5) What kind of equipment do you use for mixing and producing?
Anatole: I chose to live in the United States for a year so I left the stuff for mixing to Quentin in France with the synthesizers and I bought some controllers from Korg like the nanokontrol, nanopad and nanokey. And this summer we envision buying new CDJs and a new DMX from Pioneer.

6) What kind of music softwares do you prefer to use?
We use Traktor for mixing live; for production we use Ableton live.

7) If you do not work on music, what do you do?
Anatole: I'm not sure because I spend most of my time on my computer on blogs or producing. I am preparing some tracks that we'll finish in June when I'll come back to France.
Quentin: I'm always on blog, i discovery new artist and that give me a lot of different source of inspiration and when i'm not working on my computer, my ipod don't quit my ear

8) If it's not secret please tell me about your plans for the future.
Anatole: My plan for the future is to make an EP with Quentin this summer, and we're trying to become more popular because we haven't really perfected the songs since 2010. We are going to mix in at many parties this summer, so I hopefully we'll get enough money to buy new equipments. We are looking to find a Label that will produce our EP.
Quentin: Yeah the distance with Anatole prevent us to work on tracks since summer 2010 but when he will back in 4 months we will produce a lot and I am really exited about that.

9) What do you think about the "ECHO For PRESiDENT" project, and the ECHO blog?
This blog is a great thing for new artists that want to gain popularity, There is a wide variety of genres so we can find anything we need, like meeting new artists that are doing the same thing than we are. And we thank The ECHO Show to publishing our work and hope the blog will continue to go in this direction.

10) Anything what I forgot to ask or you want to say to all your fans on The ECHO Show?
We'll have some new tracks and mix tapes for you guys next months, and we hope you guys keep supporting us.
"Merci beaucoup" to the ECHO blog and ECHO's fan ! ♥

TSSN "ECHO for PRESIDENT!" #8 mixtape
(WHAT THE FUCK - Episode 6)
Tracklist.:
INTRO > Alex Kidd - Unholy Grail (Original Mix)
Spencer & Hill – Yeah Yeah Yeah
BeatauCue – Disque Oh!
Skrillex - With Your Friends (Sohight remix)
Cyberpunkers - Cabala (Original Mix)
Scanners - Baby Blue (The 'S' Remix)
Ocelot - Beating Hearts (Louis La Roche Remix)
Revolte - Ironical Sexism (Grum Remix)
Garden Friends - Kissy Sellout (The Aston Shuffle remix)
Something A la Mode- 5AM (Valerna Remix)
The All-American Rejects - The Wind Blows (Skrillex Remix)
Chanty Poe - YesNoMaybe (Neo Tokyo Remix)
Skream & Example - Shot Yourself In The Foot Again

TSSN was so kind to make another exclusive surprise for Us.
TSSN - Shuriken inc

TSSN on Facebook
TSSN on Facebook (group)
TSSN on Soundcloud

0 megjegyzés: